Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Trace and Modify

My Toyota Celica Concept
This can also be seen on my Flickr page.
Chip Foose I am not.

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and ever since I saw Sushi Machine's Celica I've wanted one of my own.

Here's my idea of the Celica I want. I've included some of the mods I want done on the car. Color scheme is not final. I just don't want it to be a total carbon copy of Sushi Machine's.

I found an image online of the Celica and did my best to trace the basic shape. Then I added the modifications, like the fender flares, tires, hood side mirrors, and interior by myself.

I'm "forcing" myself to do one sketch a day so I can practice. This isn't technically a bad thing, because there are times I really do not want to practice. I can't let myself sit idly by without improving so I am giving myself a quota.

I still can't do it straight, I miss one or two days at a time. I do make sure that I don't miss more than two days.

Out.